SSG provides consulting services on market-based approaches to sanitation to development partners and civil society organisations. Some development partners and NGOs we have worked with include GIZ, WaterAid, IRC Uganda and FINCA International.
SSG’s core competencies in the WASH sector include:
- Market Assessments to ascertain sanitation market potential and viability
- Sanitation Marketing to promote uptake of sanitation products and services including development of promotional material and community marketing activities
- Sanitation Business Model Development and Refinement
- Provision of capacity building and training to sanitation enterprises
- Business Development Support to small sanitation enterprises / entrepreneurs
- Market/Field Testing of Products and Services
- Supply/Value Chain Management to facilitate local product manufacture and distribution
Depending on the facility that requires emptying, Fresh Pit uses either a cesspool truck or a gulper, an emptying technology that is especially suitable for congested urban slum areas that are inaccessible by cesspool trucks. We therefore, provide an emptying solution for all households and institutions when their sanitation facilities fill up.
Fresh Pit currently operates in Kampala and its surrounding environs. For more information about our emptying service, visit our Fresh Pit brand page.